Friday, May 22, 2015

CELEBRATE YOURSELF!!!

We all have goals that we set for ourselves. We have reached milestones. We have taken steps to better ourselves. We have obtained new positions at work. We all have goals and accomplishments we are proud of (regardless if anyone knows or not), but how often do you just take the time out to celebrate yourself when you reach said goals? Once we do the necessary things to reach our goals, for many people its "on to the next one....."

What we really should begin doing is start taking out the time to do these 3 things..........

1. Pause! You gotta take a pause for the cause and think about what you have just accomplished!
2. Reflect! Start by reflecting on the goal that was set and everything that was did on the path to accomplishing that goal.
3.  Celebrate! Celebrate by doing something you enjoy. Something that you may not get to do very often. You could do something as simple as dinner at your favorite restaurant. Or something relaxing like a spa day complete with a facial, mani/pedi, and full body massage. Fellas may want to enjoy a weekend of golf or take a mancation to have chill time with the homeboys.
I have reached many milestones in my life and recently I started thinking about the fact that I never stopped and took the time to acknowledge all the hard work it took to get there.  I just went straight into the next thing. I worked very hard to obtain my Masters Degree. Long classes, driving 2 hours every other weekend, my final project was so stressful ....... but I made it. I was so happy and felt so accomplished. I made all A's and being conferred was the best feeling in the world. Still, I did not take the time out to celebrate myself.
The whole point of setting a goal, is to reach that goal. It is the greatest feeling when you do and we need to start taking out the time to do something for ourselves to celebrate our achievements. Remember, its never too late!! So if you have accomplishments that you have yet to celebrate then start planning to do so now. Grab some friends- go out and have fun! After all....... You truly deserve it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment