Friday, February 14, 2014

IS VALENTINE'S DAY JUST FOR THE WOMEN?

Valentine's Day.......the day set aside to celebrate love!! Although we should celebrate love throughout the year, people make a special effort to show their loved ones, significant others, crushes, etc..... how they really feel.  With all the stores displaying the flowers, candy, and other romantic items for this day, does it make you feel that Valentine's is a day to only celebrate the women? I have had female friends tell me that they were not getting their significant other anything for Valentine's Day and suggested that Valentine's is day is specifically for women. My first thought was ...really?? Because I had been pondering over a gift for my significant other and now was thinking Yesssssss!..... I'm off the hook now! I asked my significant other if he thought that Valentine's is just for women. His reply was that he doesn't think men will get upset if they don't receive anything.  In my opinion, I've always viewed Valentine's as a day that is all about expressing love and since men are often the ones who don't express their emotions often, this day is set aside to display all that love stuff and not have to be subjected to ridicule by the guys! The commercials even display countless women being surprised by jewelry and other gifts so is it really our day ladies?
My thoughts.....do what you feel in your heart to do. Rather its buying a gift, cooking a special meal, going out for a fun night......its whatever you choose to do. Just make sure that special someone knows how you feel. Not only today......but everyday!!! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!** Don't forget to comment and tell me your thoughts......Is this really a holiday for women or no??**

No comments:

Post a Comment