Monday, March 4, 2013

THEY DID WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!


You look at the calendar and notice it’s your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend’s birthday coming up. Being that they are your EX and you have moved on and currently in a new relationship….. Should their birthday even matter? After all they are an “EX” for a reason.  Instead you make the conscience choice to send them a gift for their birthday.  Would this be a wise decision especially when you are currently in a relationship with someone else?
Shhhhh!! Dont tell my girlfriend!


 Now don’t get me wrong. I’m cordial with most all my ex-boyfriends.  I have no problem sending a “Happy Birthday” shout -out on Facebook and be amongst the other numerous greetings floating on their page. That’s just me.  But I’m not going out my way to send you a gift, money, card, etc…..   Especially if I’m in a relationship with someone else. That’s just downright disrespectful. (Once again….my opinion)


Woman just finding out her boyfriend sent his ex money for her birthday
So being that this situation was brought to me….. I asked someone I am currently dating if they thought it was ok to send their ex a gift for their birthday when they are currently in another relationship…..They responded “Yes!” I was beyond shocked. So apparently there are a lot of people in relationships who are still gifting their exes!!! Am I the only one who thinks that this is a problem and it’s NOT ok!!! And to top it off my friend continued to say that “as long as the person you with don’t know then it shouldn’t be an issue”.  ***Head in hands*** Really dude!! REALLY!!!!! So not only are you saying it’s okay to be disrespectful, you can throw a little deceit in there as well!  I swear I need to better screen people I get involved with! LOL!!!!

So talk to me……what do you think?? If you in a relationship….should you be sending your ex money, gifts, etc. for their birthday??????...

15 comments:

  1. This is down right disrespectful...especially if you are in another relationship. Are not you considering your mate/your other have. We do have feelings and these feeling should be considered especially when you are making decisions like this. Why not let the past be the past, unless you are still holding on to something?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the problem I think. They just havent let go. Im sure your ex is not expecting a gift and if they are then its more there than just an ex. Now if you not in a relationship...then by all means if you want to give gifts to your ex then do that. But when you are in another relationship with someone else that is downright disrespectful to be giving your ex gifts, money, etc...... You should be about your new relationdhip and leave the past in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sending anything
    ...when I'm done I'm done ya hear me. I could care less about your bday or any other day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything beyond a FB post, text, or a phone call saying HBD is disrespectful if one is still in contact with an EX. Personally, when I am done I forget all relative information unless FB reminds me and if we are friends on FB. The overall notion of feeling obligated to celebrate a milestone with an ex, would suggest that their are unresolved feelings or a continued connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I did use to call my ex and say Happy Birthday! That was someone I was really close to. But there was no gifts, dinner, or anything extra exchanged. I def think that anything more than a FB shout out, text or phone call is doing too much!

      Delete
  5. I vote NO! NO no no no no!! People mix up being nice with I want you back! And if you've gotta sneak to do it...NEXT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If you gotta sneak and go behind someone's back....then it's obvious you know you wrong!

      Delete
  6. Personally I don't feel the need to continue to deal with my ex. It's over and I have no need to place anything dealing with them on my calendar. If someone you are dating or considering dating is still dealing with an ex on that level then that tells me "something" is still lingering which means there is no room for me or my time. Glad you have been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ain't nobody got time fo dat...if you feel like buying your ex a gift you can take your ass with it...lol!!! IJS

    ReplyDelete
  8. So would it make a difference if you had kids together? Would that make it more acceptable?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No!!! Once again those moments should have passed. Now if you are doing something to help the kids celebrate their mother or fathers birthday...understandable...it's for/from the kids but a personal show of affection...heck to da nawwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I had a friend say that if the kids wanted to buy their mom something. He would give them the money. That's only right. But all the personal gifts are not acceptable. So even with kids, still no excuses.

      Delete
  10. A simple "Happy Birthday" post, sure. I've sent a text to my EX on his birthday for years up until I got married and it stopped because I didn't want any issues in my relationship. A gift, money or otherwise, HELL NO!!! #disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete